2023 Minority Faculty Leadership Development Seminar
June 22, 2023 – June 25, 2023
Fairmont El San Juan Hotel
Join us at the Association of American Medical Colleges' (AAMC) upcoming Minority Faculty Leadership Development Seminar this June.
Attend to gain real-world guidance and tools for pursuing career advancement in academic medicine. This program will help you develop key competencies that build skills in grant writing and communications, while expanding their network of colleagues and role models.
Who Can Attend
Early career racial and ethnic minority faculty who aspire to leadership positions in academic medicine.
- Senior clinical and research fellows
- Assistant professors
- MD, MD/PhDs and PhDs
- Post-doctoral researchers
No application is required to attend this seminar. Once you have completed the registration process, you are officially registered for the seminar. All early career faculty are welcome to register if the program meets their professional development needs. To register for and attend an AAMC meeting, you must be affiliated with an AAMC member institution, a non-profit medical education or professional organization, or a college or university. Please note that commercial representatives are not permitted to register for the meeting.
- Identify professional development goals, design a career path, and gain tools to help you reach your goals
- Understand the realities of advancement in academic medicine through the exploration of the requirements for appointment, promotion, and tenure, and how to plan your own progress through the system
- Develop key professional competencies in academic and organizational leadership
- Build skills in grant writing and communications
- Expand your network of colleagues and role models