The Kaneb Center for Teaching and Learning at the University of Notre Dame seeks an Assistant or Associate Program Director for Inclusive and Emerging Pedagogies, a role which includes appointment as assistant or associate professor of the practice. Join a thriving endowed center supporting teaching and learning. Develop and manage programs in inclusive pedagogy and learning technology integration, collaborate to support the work of the center, and stay active in teaching and scholarship. View the Full Job Description <https://apply.interfolio.com/60040>
Recent graduates (or those who will get a terminal degree by July 1st) with at least 2 years of educational development experience are encouraged to apply.
Key areas of expertise
- Educational development, particularly inclusive pedagogy and current learning technologies, as well as familiarity with cognitive science, learning theory, and Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact effectively with members of the academic community
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Duties and expectations
- Work with faculty and academic units to support inclusive pedagogy in face-to-face, hybrid, and fully online courses
- Participate in the conception, development, and oversight of new initiatives central to the Center's mission
- Develop and facilitate workshops on inclusive pedagogy, learning technology integration, and other emerging pedagogies
- Consult with instructors
- Pursue ongoing professional development and scholarly activity
- Teach one course per academic year in an academic discipline
- Terminal degree
- Evidence of effective teaching at the post-secondary level
- Two or more years of experience in educational development, with evidence of successful implementation of inclusive pedagogy initiatives or learning technology integrations
- Applicants with 6+ years of demonstrated professional success leading inclusive pedagogy initiatives or the integration of learning technologies may be considered for appointment at the Associate level.
Review of applications will begin March 1, 2019, and continue until the position is filled. To apply for this position, please upload to Interfolio a cover letter describing relevant experience with inclusive pedagogies and/or the integration of learning technologies and a current CV.
Informal inquiries may be addressed to Kevin Barry, Director, Kaneb Center for Teaching and Learning, email@example.com.