The Puerto Rico Section of the American Chemical Society in collaboration with “Colegio de Químicos de Puerto Rico” announces the opening for submission of abstracts for poster section to the PRCHEM 2019.
- To participate in either session, an abstract should be submitted by June 21, 2019.
- All submissions will be peer reviewed using criteria such as:
- Correct format and size restrictions.
- Relevance of the information.
- Results and the conclusions justified by the data. The data should show an advanced work.
- Clarity and appropriate structure.
- Proper English grammar and syntactic style.
- The Scientific Committee makes the final decision on all submissions.
- Notification regarding acceptance or rejection and the poster section time schedule will be sent to the corresponding author by July 5, 2019.
- Abstracts that are accepted must be presented at the meeting by an author or their representative.
- Abstract will appear in print as submitted. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting. The Program Committee will not correct spelling, grammar or syntactic errors.
- A maximum of 3 posters will be accepted for ACS Student Chapter.
- A maximum of 3 posters will be accepted for ACS Green Chemistry Student Chapter.
Abstract Submission Instructions
All abstracts must be submitted as:
- A Microsoft Word document
- Single spaced
- Language: English
- Chemical structures and mathematical equations are permitted
- Font type: Verdana
- Font size: 12pt size
- Alignment: Left
Title: SHOULD BE IN CAPITALS AND BOLD.
Authors: author’s last name followed by first name in full (with the presenting author underlined). Superscript numbers must be used to indicate the author’s institution. Do not include degrees or professional titles (e.g. Dr, Prof., etc.).
Affiliations: Institution Affiliations should include city and country details.
Corresponding author e-mail: include e-mail of corresponding author.
Keywords: Please select 3 keywords from the menu list provided:
- The size limit for the abstract is 300 words (Including: Abstract Body, Tables and Figures: each figure or table counts for 70 words).
- Use standard abbreviations. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract. Capitalize the first letter of trade names. Figures and tables count for 70 words.
- Compliance to the specifications is imperative, any abstract that does not comply with these specifications will not be accepted for review.
- The accuracy of your submission is your responsibility. Please proofread your document before submitting it.
Abstract submission deadline is June 21, 2019.
Send the abstract, in a Microsoft Word format by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The e-mail title must read ABSTRACT PRCHEM 2019.
PRESENTING AT THE MEETING
Poster Session Guidelines
- Poster size should not be more than 4 foot high by 6 foot wide. The poster should be bring in a USB flash drive to connect at USB port in a TV screen.
- Authors should mount their poster half an hour before the scheduled time using a USB flash drive. Do not print your poster.
- Poster boards TV screen will be supplied with corresponding number.
- Authors must remain with their poster for the duration of their schedules session.
- ACS-PR or CQPR will not be responsible for materials or posters left at the end of the session.