A Call for Candidates for the Position of Executive Director of the Puerto Rico Institute of Statistics
Open, timely, impartial, and reliable data are critical for sound-decision making and healthy economies. The Puerto Rico Institute of Statistics is in search of experts in statistics, economics, demography, planning or related fields, with managerial experience and/or experience securing external funds, who are interested in leading the main statistical data agency of Puerto Rico.
This position will be in charge of leading a team and organizing representatives of various agencies and professional organizations to fulfill the mission of the Institute to ensure the collection, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of reliable data and statistics on indicators related to the economic, social, environmental, health, public safety sectors, and any other sector relevant to Puerto Rico's government and private activities.
According to the Institute's recent strategic plan, strong focus will be placed on candidates with specific visions related to: (1) how to better lead, leverage and manage the human resources of the Institute; (2) how to coordinate with other government agencies through the Statistical Coordination Committee to standardize processes and indicators and ensure the continuous flow of data and statistical information; and (3) how to diversify the Institute's funds in order to increase its budget and service capacity.
Interested persons should send Curriculum Vitae, copy of detailed credit transcript, and official degree certification to firstname.lastname@example.org. or deliver materials to Calle Quisqueya # 57, 2nd floor, Hato Rey.
- Doctoral degree, from a recognized university, in any of the following areas: statistics, mathematics with a concentration in statistics, economics, planning, demography, or any other related field that includes courses in graduate level statistics.
- Knowledge of the statistical methodology and its applications, data management and statistical systems, evidenced by professional practice, research and publications.
- Management or administrative experience.
- Recognized personal and professional integrity, objectivity and competence in any of the fields of statistics, economics and planning.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
FUNCTIONS: Administer, execute and ensure that the public policy established in Act No. 209-2003 is complied with, as amended. The appointment is for a term of ten years as established by Act No. 209-2003, as amended, and by the current regulations of the Institute of Statistics of Puerto Rico.
EVALUATION: Skills in statistics, education and work experience will be taken into consideration. In addition, capacity will be assessed to fulfill the duties of the position according to Act No. 209-2003 and the priority areas identified in the Institute's strategic plan.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: OCTOBER 3, 2019
The Puerto Rico Institute of Statistics offers equal employment opportunities without discrimination based on age, race, color, sex, social or national origin, social status, political affiliation, political or religious ideas, sexual orientation, disability or being victim or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking.
- Enabling Law of the Institute (Law No. 209-2003)
- Institute Information
- Organizational diagnosis
- Strategic plan