In support of JetBlue’s 100X35 program, the JetBlue Foundation is committed to supporting aviation-related education and STEM initiatives in Puerto Rico. Inspiring the future of aviation is a responsibility we take very seriously. No other airline has gone on record to solely focus on supporting aviation education. At JetBlue, inspiration is more than an idea—it's our mission.
GRANT NUMBER AND AMOUNT
The JetBlue Foundation will award grants that range from $5,000 (five thousand) to $25,000 (twenty-five thousand) to qualifying educational organizations (i.e. schools, educational institutions or educational alliances) as described under the grant proposal criteria.
GEOGRAPHIC AREA SERVED Grants will be given to qualified organizations that serve Puerto Rico with special consideration given to communities in the San Juan (SJU), Aguadilla (BQN) and Ponce (PSE) areas.
Applications will be accepted from educational and qualified institutions/non-profit organizations to sponsor educational STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education and/or certification programs in one or more of the following areas of study:
- Aviation Technology
- Aviation Engineering
- Aviation Operations
- Aviation Maintenance
- Sustainable and Environmental Programs in Aviation
These programs must serve one or more communities that are under-represented in Aviation:
o Veterans aviation education
o Women in aviation
o Under-represented ethnic groups including the African-American, Latino or Asian-American communities
Funding will be awarded to programs and not individuals. Funding for operating support will be awarded at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Grants will be made to non-profit organizations, schools, institutions or alliances providing education in Aviation and STEM.
One grant per institution per two-year period.
A grant report on any previous grant made to a particular grantee must be on file before a next grant will be awarded to such grantee.
Grantee must use the grant within two years of being awarded the grant.
Grantee must provide at least three quantifiable metrics to track the use of the grant and participate in follow-up with the Foundation on a quarterly basis for two years following the grant award as outlined in the final grant agreement.
Grant proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
1. Number of students and demographic(s) impacted must be clearly defined.
2. The program supported must be clearly in furtherance of the mission of the Foundation.
3. The grantee will be able to clearly define how it will use the grant to support effective programs that empower and provide opportunities to students and communities.
4. The grantee will agree to provide continuing information to show the impact and legacy of the grant provided.
GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Visit www.jetbluefoundation.org/grants and create a login to submit letter of inquiry describing the project.
2. The Grant Committee will begin preliminary outreach and communicate intent to schools/organizations.
3. A formal invitation to apply will be distributed to select schools/organizations.
4. Applications and a project summary will be submitted to the Board of Directors.
5. The Board of Directors will vote on the grants to be made.
6. Applicants will be contacted directly in the Fall of 2018.