WE ARE HIRING MULTIPLE POST-DOC/RESEARCH SCIENTISTS for our Puerto Rico COVID-19 Variant Surveillance Initiative (PRSCVI). If you have a background in biomedical sciences, biochemistry, molecular biology, virology, and or microbiology please apply. If you have experience with NGS (NANOPORE) and bioinformatics, we will like to hear from you!
The Puerto Rico COVID-19 Variant Surveillance Initiative (PRSCVI) at the Puerto Rico Science, Technology, and Research Trust is seeking highly motivated and collaborative post-doctoral fellows/research scientists to support our growing effort on the development of SARS-CoV-2 genomic surveillance and viral neutralization initiative to support the public health emergency response and epidemiological interventions. The post-doctoral fellows/research scientists, under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, develops and designs projects and all experiments related to the PRCVSI. Potential candidates should work independently and/or together with other lab members or internal/external collaborators to perform all aspects of the experiments. Supervise and support other laboratory personnel as they execute experiments.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain an up-to-date, organized, and legible laboratory journal that records all experiments in detail and ensures that subordinates do the same.
- Designs, organizes and performs animal work and protocols
- Participate in adopting new techniques and learning new skills to enhance research
- Maintain assertiveness and flexibility in approaching new techniques and responsibilities, utilizing good work habits and time management.
- Monitor and anticipate laboratory needs in terms of equipment and supplies.
- Prepare oral and written reports about the progress of various projects.
- Review the scientific literature regularly to plan the research projects
- Compile, write, and submit project results to Principal Investigator.
- Prepare, write, and edit scientific documents (manuscripts, posters, abstracts, etc) for publication or for funding purposes.
- Present findings of research projects to professional groups.
- Store data on approved, PRSTRT network drives.
Since our organization is going to change to meet the needs of new designations, you can expect, anticipate, and assume that your job description will change to meet these challenges.
Education, Training, and Experiences:
- Candidates should have a Ph.D. and/or MD or equivalent degree, with a strong background in Biochemistry, Virology, Immunology, or any related biomedical sciences.
- Experience in biochemistry, virology, molecular biology, and cell culture techniques as well as a willingness to work in a BSL3 laboratory environment.
- Experience analyzing multiple types of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data, and facility with statistics for big data analysis and multi-omics data integration.
- Well organized and detail-oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work collaboratively in a high-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Analytical thinking - Ability to quickly analyze data and transform it into meaningful insight.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills - the ability to work effectively as part of a team in an unstructured environment; comfortable and effective in influencing at all levels; ability to tactfully give/receive constructive feedback
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and Spanish. Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to take direction, work independently, and perform detailed work in a high-paced, dynamic environment; handle multiple projects simultaneously; and ensure tasks are completed, and deadlines are met as required
- Drive for results- invigorated by challenges; willing to take risks and tackle large and complex tasks.
- Can take directions, work independently, and perform detailed work in a high-paced. dynamic environment; handle multiple projects simultaneously; ensure tasks are completed and deadlines are met as required.
- Others as per organizations' needs.
If you like more information please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.