The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP) offers competitive scholarships to students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are committed to careers in biomedical, behavioral, and social science health-related research. The program offers:
• Scholarship support
• Paid research training at the NIH during the summer
• Paid employment and training at the NIH after graduation
You must meet all of these requirements in order to be eligible for admission into the UGSP.
• U.S.A. citizen or U.S.A. permanent resident
• Enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited 4-year undergraduate institution located in the United States of America
• Undergraduate University Grade Point Average of 3.3 or higher on a 4.0-point scale or within the top 5 percent of your class
• Having 'Exceptional Financial Need' as certified by your undergraduate institution financial aid office - see table below (updated 22-August-2018).