General Scholarships & Awards
Since inception, National Medical Fellowships’ scholarships and awards have been at the core of its programming. NMF scholarship programs recognize merit as well as financial need. Over the years, funding for scholarships has come from hundreds of foundations and from individuals. NMF actively seeks and welcomes partnerships to build the scholarship program.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) approval letter
- Currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. medical school
- Exception for CVS Health/NMF Pharm.D Scholarship where applicant must be enrolled in accredited pharmacy doctoral school
- Underrepresented minority student
- NMF designates the following racial/ethnic groups as underrepresented minorities: African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Americans (American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian), Asian American (Vietnamese and Cambodian only), and Pacific Islander.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Commitment to serving medically underserved communities
See below for scholarship program descriptions, which may include additional eligibility requirements. Please note: any year in school requirements should be based on applicant’s status for the 2017-2018 school year.
If you are interested in sponsoring a scholarship, please contact Paula Mejia at firstname.lastname@example.org