Internship Opportunity with HACU’s Government Relations (GR) team in Washington, DC: Now accepting applications from interested individuals to work as a paid intern for the Summer of 2016. Only one intern will be selected. The GR intern will help support and work with the members of the government relations team on higher education policy issues before the U.S. Congress that impact directly Hispanic-Serving Institutions and Hispanic students.
Basic details of the opportunity:
• This is a 10 week internship program at 40 hours a week.
• The gross pay is $520 a week.
• HACU will not pay overtime and we will not pay for more than 10 weeks ($5,200 gross for summer).
• Interns are paid every two weeks.
• The start date is June 1, 2015, unless the student is at a school that operates on a quarter system. In this case, the start date is June 15, 2015.
• Intern must secure his/her own housing in the Washington, DC area.
Interested individuals must fill the following requirements:
• Be enrolled in an accredited college or university or be a recent graduate.
• Be authorize to work in the United States.
• Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Please send a letter of interest and a copy of your resume by May 2, 2016 to: Luis Maldonado, HACU Chief Advocacy Officer, DCGR@HACU.net