Opportunity for STEM undergraduate students in The Toxicology Mentoring and Skills Development Training Program (ToxMSDT)
Submitted by Alondra Caraballo Franco on
The Toxicology Mentoring and Skills Development Training Program (ToxMSDT), housed at the University of California Davis, is a special opportunity for underrepresented undergraduate STEM science students to participate in a year-long toxicology training and mentoring program.
Funded by the National Institute of Health, the goal of this program is to attract diverse undergraduate students from around the United States to pursue careers in biomedical research, especially in the field of toxicology. Successful applicants will be teamed with a mentor and visit the mentor’s work site, attend the annual Society of Toxicology meeting, engage in online learning modules, and present their program successes at the annual Capstone Event. Travel cost support for programmatic activities will be provided by ToxMSDT. This program supplements the regular academic pursuits of the ToxMSDT students. The program starts September 1, 2022, with the end date of June 30, 2023.
Applications are open from February 15, 2022, until April 15, 2022. Access the application portal here: https://www.toxmsdt.com/
- STEM major
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- At least a second-year undergraduate student
- Completion of at least one semester of general biology and general chemistry
- Enrolled in an accredited undergraduate institution at the time of application, with continuing enrollment for the next academic year concurrent with the ToxMSDT program
- Member of a group underserved in the biomedical sciences (more information can be found here: disadvantaged backgrounds, NIH notice).
- US citizen or US permanent resident
- Due to institutional requirements, we encourage applications from fully vaccinated COVID-19 individuals only (information on vacation requirements can be found here)
For more information, please reach out to Pia van Benthem (she/her/hers)
ToxMSDT Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org