As stipulated in the Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences Non-Faculty Manual, we hereby invite applications for one NIH NCI-funded part-time job as the U54 Central Training Coordinator under the new U54 Training/Career Development Core.
The selected applicant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- facilitate all aspects of the day to day functioning of the U54 Cancer Training Program
- serve as a central point for all the investigators and trainees acting as the primary contact person to organize and facilitate research rotations and problem resolution
- interact with their counterpart at the Moffitt Cancer Center to ensure effective communication of information to all aspects of the program
- provide organizational support for the workshops and assist the instructors.
- be responsible for all correspondence with the collaboration network among local universities as well as all activities related to advertising/recruiting and increasing awareness of the opportunities for training under the U54.
- be responsible for collection, organization, summary, and storage of all surveys, student records, and information for evaluations, and will assist the PI (Dr. Caroline Appleyard) in summarizing data collected for Program Steering Committee meeting reports and progress reports.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Master in Education or Curriculum
- Experience with Program administration
- Fully bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Working knowledge of computers, word, excel, data entry.
- Highly organized, with good communication skills, and ability to interact well with both students and faculty.
- Position available immediately
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest describing their competencies for this position, and a curriculum vitae including contact information for at least three (3) references. Applications must be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com