INTERDISCIPLINARY & QUANTITATIVE BIOLOGY SUMMER RESEARCH EXPERIENCE FOR UNDERGRADUATES
**DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 29**
IQ BIO REU is a summer research and student development program funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) that offers opportunities for undergraduate students from universities and colleges that lack a strong research component and those from groups that have been historically underrepresented in STEM fields.
For 9 weeks, starting on the first Monday of June, ten (10) students will be immersed in a wide array of high-impact practices including participation in a mentored research project in partnership with faculty members from the College of Natural Sciences at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras Campus (UPR-RP). The program offers training and practice for fluency in computational and quantitative skills, data analysis, and bioinformatics and myriad opportunities for career development.
- Mentored research at the vanguard of biological sciences
- Skill development workshops on the use of computational tools
- Workshops on Career Development, Research Ethics, among others
- Guided writing activities
- Social and cultural activities
- Stipend of $5,400
- Near-campus housing arranged by the program
- Reimbursement for travel to and from REU site
Para más información: http://iqbioreu.uprrp.edu
Para solicitar: https://forms.gle/U26PvPPrEtwHgi2v7
Los estudiantes locales que participaron el año pasado han sido muy exitosos luego del programa. Ya hay artículo sometidos, aceptaciones a programas de verano y escuela graduada y hasta propuesta sometidas para competencias de innovación.