Web Developer, San Juan Puerto Rico
Job Position Description
The Puerto Rico Department of Health (PRDOH) seeks applicants for a Web Developer. The candidate could be responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of a variety of health communication and marketing activities designed to impact positive health outcomes for Puerto Rico audiences. This is an outstanding opportunity to work in the public health field.
- Responsible for overseeing website redesign, metrics, migration and development of www.salud.gov.pr
- Responsible for the development of a responsive web design and great understanding of best practices for website design.
- Lead key project tasks and work with senior and junior staff on the completion and submission of key project deliverables.
- Support and oversee strategic communications planning, program development, digital communications, materials and content development, internal communication, project management, communication task management, and stakeholder outreach.
- Work with PRDOH program staff and communications team to oversee the writing, editing, and graphic design of educational and promotional materials to support a range of communication efforts.
- Provide administrative and logistics support across projects including managing project timelines, deliverables, and work plans, and developing meeting notes and monthly project reports.
- Implement communication strategies and tactics to reach and engage audiences to increase visibility of government training programs, resources, and materials
- Reviews and coordinate clearance of messages and health promotion materials with program subject matter experts, and communications leadership
- Oversee strategic planning and editorial content calendar across PRDOH Facebook and Twitter handles
- Responsible for clearing website content and directing team members who produce content
- Thorough understanding of HTML programming
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, programming, or a related field. Experience in communications in public health is highly desirable.
- 5+ years of web design experience
- Understand entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Test website functions and take charge of building, maintaining, updating, and troubleshooting PRDH main website
- Experience with social media platforms in a professional setting, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Demonstrated experience with federal health agencies, developing, and implementing public health communications campaigns
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines at once
- Demonstrated great attention to details. Given the intricacy of visual design elements and programming languages, the candidate must pay great attention to detail to produce professional work
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and management skills
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to communications challenges/problems
Please, email your resume to the attention of Lorna De Jesus (email@example.com). Resumes will be accepted until September 18th, 2020.