Welcome to CienciaPR, an expert and resource network for all who are interested in science and Puerto Rico.
Director Burn Center at HIMA-San Pablo Caguas Burn Surgery Fellowship, Washington Hospital Center Critical Care Fellowship, Washington Hospital Center, Washington DC Research Fellowship at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) in Bethesda, Md General Surgery Residency Washington Hospital Center, Washington D.C. Univ. of Puerto Rico School of Medicine 2000 Princeton University 1995 Carl A. Moyer Award Recipient 2006
1. Assessment of microvascular flow through the base of burn wounds, particularly burn depth progression and ways to control it.
2. Effects of fluid resuscitation following hemorrhagic shock, particularly finding novel fluids to control end-organ damage.
3. Induction of hypothermic arrest to control injuries resulting in major hemorrhagic shock.
4. New techniques to control major hemorrhage. a. Worked with the development of QuickClot, a zeolite currently used to control major blood loss before arriving at the definitive care facility. b. Induction of controlled intra-abdominal hypertension to tamponade solid organ blood loss as a temporizing maneuver.
5. Development of a portable hand-pump tp evacuate hemothorax in austere environments.
Find resources related to scientific publications
See our funding feeds from the NIH and the NSF
See our jobs feeds from various sources.