RCMI Pilot Grant of Dr. Harold Saavedra is recruiting a competent professional for a Research Assistant position. The selected applicant will be working on several exciting projects studying the role of unregulated mitosis and aneuploidy in breast cancer.
To succeed, the candidate must have the following academic preparation, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelors Degree (BA) or Masters Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Biotechnology
- Must have 1-2 years’ experience post degree preferable published in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in performing real-time PCR, Western blots, and immuno-precipitations.
- Must have experience in techniques such as immunofluorescence staining of tissues and cells, as well as in microscopy techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office
- Effective time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and to work independently.
Interested qualified candidates must send current resume along with the contact information of three individuals that must include a direct laboratory supervisor:
Position closing date: August 18, 2018