Puerto Rico Science Trust/Small Grant of Dr. Harold Saavedra is recruiting a competent professional for a Research Assistant position at Ponce Health Sciences University in Ponce, Puerto Rico. The selected applicant will be working on several exciting projects studying the role of dysfunctional mitosis and aneuploidy in breast cancer.
To succeed, the candidate must have the following academic preparation, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor Degree (BA) or Master Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Biotechnology
- Must have 0-2 years’ experience post degree preferable published in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in lab managing, including ordering, and training students.
- Experience in performing real-time PCR, Western blots, and immuno-precipitations.
- Must have experience in techniques such as immunofluorescence staining of tissues and cells, as well as in microscopy techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office
- Effective time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and to work independently.
Interested qualified candidates must send current resume along with the contact information of three individuals that must include a direct laboratory supervisor:
Position closing date: December 1, 2017