The Proposal Development Unit of the Research & Development Center will be hosting a research oriented symposium on Friday, February 12th, 2016, titled: Beyond Academia: Maximizing Research Impact. Speakers for this event include:
· Dr. Susan Renoe, Director of the University of Missouri Broader Impacts Network; Co-founder of the National Alliance for Broader Impacts
· Dr. Philip Bourne, Associate Director for Data Science at NIH
· Dr. Erika Rosemond, program officer for the NIH NCATS division, and co-leader of the NIH BD2K training programs
· Xinzhi Zhang, program officer for NIH/NIMHD; BD2K program at Rio Piedras
· Nagendra Prasad, industry consultant on Big Data issues, former VP of Infosys
The symposium will feature plenary talks and panels regarding Broader Impacts, and Big Data Science. Speakers include Dr. Susan Renoe, PI of the NSF Funded National Alliance for Broader Impacts (NABI), and Director of the University of Missouri Broader Impact Network; Dr. Philip Bourne, Associate Director for Data Science at NIH; and Nagendra Prasad, former VP of Infosys India and industry consultant on Data Science; among others.
The event will be held in the UPRM Business Administration Building Amphitheater from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; there is an early registration fee of $25. Coffee, snacks and lunch will be provided. Please see attached flyer for more details!
Friday, February 12th, 2016
8 A.M.-4:30 P.M., LUNCH INCLUDED $25 REGISTRATION FEE WHERE:
UPR-Mayaguez (UPRM) Business Administration Bldg. Amphitheater
On-line Registration is $25; on-site payment will be $35 (cash or check only)
Pre-registration via the conference website for on-site payment is appreciated for planning purposes, and to ensure meal preference accommodation.
For More Info:
Contact UPRM PDU 787-832-4040 x5856, x5256
Payment link will be available in early January, 2016