Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Program (MSIPP)
2017 Summer Internship Opportunities
The Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Program (MSIPP) has been created and designed to increase the numbers of minorities with science and engineering experience in areas important to the success of the DOE-Office of Environmental Management (EM) mission. MSIPP will provide financial assistance for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) activities at Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) engaged in research and related STEM efforts supporting EM’s needs. It will support collaborations between MSIs and DOE laboratories. Minority Serving Institutions are institutions of higher education enrolling populations with significant percentages of undergraduate minority students.
Eligibility requires candidates to be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited Minority Serving Institution (MSI).
- Is my school on the eligible list?
- Approved MSI Schools List
- Be a US citizen
- Be working toward a degree in STEM (Science, technology, engineering, or mathematics)
- Have a minimum undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Pass a drug test upon selection
- 10 weeks in duration, start times vary between May 15 & June 5.
- March 20, 2017
- Selections are made on a rolling basis, to increase your chance of being offered an internship, apply early! See individual internships below for additional application details.
- Selected candidates will be compensated by either a stipend or salary, and may include one round trip domestic travel to and from the host laboratory. Stipends and salaries will be commensurate with cost of living at the location of the host laboratory. Housing information will be provided to interns prior to arrival at the host laboratory, and will vary from lab to lab.
- Only completed and submitted applications will be eligible for consideration. Submit early while all internships are available! Candidates are encouraged to apply to all positions for which they are qualified and interested!