We’re looking for a cohort of Black & Latinx technologists who are excited about shaping the future of tech with innovation and racial equity advocacy.
About the 2019 Code2040 Fellows Program
As a Code2040 Fellow, you’ll spend your summer in an intensive career accelerator for 10 weeks between June and August. You’ll intern at a top-tech company and participate in a series of learning experiences designed to equip you with the tools and resources you need to navigate the tech industry and build an exciting career. You’ll engage in racial equity advocacy work in a much more intimate cohort. You’ll be equipped with knowledge on what’s happening in the industry, what systems need to change, and what your role is as a racial equity advocate. You’ll build community with other Black and/or Latinx technologists, receive support from mentors and managers, while redefining the future and face of tech and ensuring other technologists like you have the opportunity to succeed in the innovation economy.
What you can expect from the Fellows Program:
- A 10-week program from June to August
- An internship at a top-tech company
- Racial equity advocacy work
- Student learning experiences: You’ll be equipped with the tools and resources you need to navigate the tech industry and thrive in your career
- Build community with other Black and/or Latinx technologists
- Support from mentors and managers
- Location: Cohorts will run in San Francisco, New York City, and Silicon Valley
Our program is designed for: (our qualifications)
- Currently enrolled students who attend a U.S. college or university
- Students who identify as Black and/or Latinx
- Students who plan on returning to school after their summer internship (Fall 2019)
- Students with experience coding
- Students who are interested in advocating for racial equity in the tech industry
When is the deadline?
Candidates must start their application by November 13th, 2018 at 11:59PM PDT and submit by December 4, 2018 at 11:59PM PDT. Please note that the application has three parts (the initial application, a technical demonstration, and a holistic review) so get started today! If you have any questions, please contact us or click the blue intercom button on the bottom left of every page on the application.
Full list of 2019 Company Partners coming soon. Here are a few of the companies we have partnered with in the past:
- Clover Health
- Task Rabbit
- GM Cruise
- Pager Duty