The American Society for Microbiology’s Department of Communications and Marketing Strategy has an opening for an ASM Headquarters Fellow. The Department provides a variety of communication services for the Society including press relations, public outreach and social media management. The fellow will have the opportunity to learn about and to gain experience with a wide range of science communication activities.
During the course of the year the fellow will:
- increase knowledge of best practices in science communication,
- develop a portfolio of writing samples and public outreach activities for a range of audiences including the press, ASM membership and the public at-large,
- improve project and people management skills,
- gain leadership and collaboration skills,
- increase knowledge of non-research, science-based career options, and
- develop a network of contacts in media relations, informal science education, policy and government as well as others.
More information here