Information for Applicants
Applications for the Spring Semester open in mid-Decemer and close by mid-January while applications for the Fall semester open by late July and close by mid-August. Interested students should have a genuine interest in space science, have basic computer skills, and continuous internet/email and computer access.
To Apply to the AOSA program, students must be in 9th - 12th grade and reside in Puerto Rico.
A complete application includes:
1) Completion of the online application, which includes a 500 word essay on a selected question found within the online application.
2) A copy of the applicant's grades for the last two (2) semesters*.
3) One photo of the applicants face*.
4) Signed copy of the Parent Authorization and Agreement/Waiver*.
*Applicants must send via email all supporting documentation requested online. Further instructions are provided within the online application form.
After an initial review and evaluation of the online application, selected applicants are invited to an interview and on-site orientation. Invited candidates must bring the following original supporting documents:
1) School Authorization Form
2) Parent Agreement/Waiver
3) Three (3) recommendation forms completed by Math, Science, or English Teachers. An exemption is provided for home-schooled students who should provide one (1) parent recommendation letter, and two (2) letters from other sources (e.g. instructors/organizations).