Hands-on, mentored research opportunities in RNA Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genomics, and Bioinformatics
The RNA Bioscience Initiative (RBI) at the University of Colorado School of Medicine in the Denver metro area offers a summer research internship program in the areas of RNA Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genomics, and Bioinformatics. Interns are matched with one of the faculty from the biomedical research departments on the campus, including researchers studying fundamental aspects of biology and the molecular bases of cancer, developmental biology, autoimmunity, and infectious disease. Undergraduate students with a strong interest in RNA research are encouraged to apply for this program. The program is especially intended for undergrads wishing to gain more research experience in advance of applying to graduate school. Applicants may designate three preferred potential mentors from RBI faculty or they may contact an RBI faculty member ahead of applying to pre-arrange an internship match (please note this on the application).
The RNA Bioscience Initiative was started with a $20 million award from the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in 2016. The mission of the RBI is to create and expand a vibrant center of discovery and innovation in RNA research, diagnostics and therapy. Our goal is to provide a fluid pipeline from basic to clinical RNA research on our campus and beyond.
- 10-week program. June 3-August 9, 2019 (start/end date flexible). $5000 stipend.
- Opportunities to work hands-on in the lab of a research mentor on one of a broad range of cutting-edge RNA research projects.
- An orientation day to the RNA Bioscience Initiative and Internship Program.
- Weekly RNA-related small group lunch seminars from core RBI faculty.
- Mentoring lunches with PhD students and postdocs affiliated with the RBI.
- A short oral presentation at the end of the project to develop science speaking skills.
- Spend the summer in Denver, CO, which offers a great balance of urban and outdoor activities.
Apply at: rnabio.co/summer-interns
Deadline: Feb 15, 2019