CALL FOR EDITORIAL REVIEW BOARD MEMBERS
This is a formal call to members of the Association for Science Teacher Education (ASTE) who would like to serve on the Editorial Review Board for the Journal of Science Teacher Education (JSTE). We are seeking both U.S. and International applicants.
JSTE is the flagship journal of the Association for Science Teacher Education. It serves as a forum for disseminating high quality research and theoretical position papers concerning the preparation and inservice education of teachers of science. The journal publishes eight issues per year, featuring pragmatic articles that offer empirically based ways to improve conditions in classroom teaching and learning, professional development, and teacher recruitment and retention at all grade levels.
Again, we are seeking International applicants as well as U.S. applicants.
· Competence in research and/or methodology within some aspect of science teacher education.
· Ability to judge the quality of a manuscript within an area of science teacher education.
· Ability to identify particular strengths and weaknesses of a manuscript and, in a professional manner, to offer suggestions for revising manuscripts.
· Established record of publication in peer-reviewed science education and/or related journals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Read and evaluate approximately six manuscripts per year.
· Provide written reports on manuscripts reviewed using the criteria and evaluation form provided by the Editor(s).
· Review manuscripts within four weeks of receipt.
To apply, please electronically submit the following materials to Norman and Judith Lederman at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2015:
1. A letter of interest that includes a list of at least four areas of expertise in science teacher education in which you would be comfortable reviewing manuscripts.
2. A two-page vita that emphasizes publications in refereed journals and includes any previous reviewing or editing experience.