The Molecular Bacteriology Clinical Laboratory at the Puerto Rico Department of Health is seeking a Bioinformatics Specialist interested in working in the analysis of genomic data. The interested candidates are expected to collaborate in the analysis of genomic data for the surveillance of foodborne diseases with PRDOH MBCL staff and the PulseNet network at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Candidates with the following competencies will be given high priority:
- Linux command line proficiency
- Data management skills (Storage of raw sequence reads, etc)
- Analysis and interpretation of next-generation sequencing data in a public health setting
- Programming language skills (python, Perl, R, equivalent)
- Analysis of whole-genome sequencing data
- Multilocus sequence typing
- genome annotation,
- single nucleotide polymorphism analysis
- Antimicrobial resistance genotyping
- Experience with BioNumerics
- Ability to work in a team
- Spanish fluency
Resume reviews will begin immediately and will culminate once the position has been filled. Applicants should take their resumes personally to the Puerto Rico Public Health Laboratories and hand them to Dr. Danisha M Rivera and Rosa I Cuevas at the Puerto Rico Department of Health in San Juan. If unable to hand in resumes in person, send them via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Number of vacant positions: 1
Employment Period: 16 months
Term: Full time
Experience: > 1 year experience is helpful
Requirements: Bachelors in Bioinformatics or equivalent combination (e.g. BS in Biology and MS in Bioinformatics) from an accredited institution.
For questions, call 787-765-2929 x. 3721.