MBQ Pharma Inc.
Chemistry Laboratory Technician Position
MBQ Pharma Inc. is a rapidly growing startup company which focuses on the development of cancer therapeutics. To continue our effort, MBQ Pharma Inc. is seeking a Chemistry Lab Technician with industry and/or academic laboratory experience. The successful candidate will work in MBQ Pharma Inc. facilities in San Juan, Puerto Rico and will work with and report directly to the Director of Research & Development.
Qualifications and skills
- B.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry or closely related field with 2+ years of experience working in a lab/manufacturing environment
- M.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry or closely related field. No experience required.
- Basic lab skills such as weighing, solutions preparation, pipetting, and laboratory calculations.
- Ability to follow complex operating procedures with reproducible results and thorough documentation of work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Experience with HPLC/MS methods would be a plus.
Responsibilities and duties
- Perform established experimental procedures and operate a variety of scientific equipment.
- Ensure sufficient inventory of reagents, materials as well as assist with lab organization, labeling and routine tasks.
- Assist with the generation and updating of laboratory SOPs.
- Order laboratory supplies, receive and store supplies following SOPs and GLP regulations.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instruments according to SOPs- equipment care, troubleshooting, etc.
- Assist with method development and validation for plasma samples using UPLC/MS.
- Run samples when needed
- Preparation of standards and samples
- Equipment maintenance
- Other duties as required.
- Monday to Friday
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their relevant experience and list three references along with the resume in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org