COVID-19 Corps- Data Scientist
DATA SCIENTIST – SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a full time Data Scientist to support the CDC.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
• Organizes and interpret data to inform decision makers
• Works with advanced hardware, software and techniques to develop computational algorithms and statistical methods that find patterns and relationships in large volumes of data
• Identifies problem areas and make recommendations to update data infrastructure and policies to improve each step of the data lifecycle
• Implements new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
• Works with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive solutions
• Develops processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
• Designs and produces complex data analysis and timely data reports to inform decision makers
• Perform other related duties as required
• Formal education in Data Science or equivalent field or sub-field
• Experience in querying, databases and using statistical computer languages: Python, R, Stata and/or SAS
• Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: Regression Models, Hidden Markov models, Support Vector Machines (SVM), Dimensionality Reduction Algorithms, Ensemble algorithms, Decision Trees, Clustering, Naives Bayes and inference
• Experience working with data rich problems through research or programs
• Strong verbal communication and visualization skills (Power Bi, Python and/or Tableau proficiency)
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
• Ability to successfully complete projects with large or incomplete data and provide solutions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.