TENURE-TRACK FACULTY POSITION SCIENCE EDUCATION
University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus
October 31, 2011
1. Doctoral degree or Ph.D. in Curriculum and Teaching with a specialization in Science Education from an accredited institution.
2. Teaching experience in the discipline at graduate level and evidence of contribution to the improvement of teaching, curricular development, and research in the discipline.
3. Research experience beyond doctoral studies.
4. Publication of books, chapters and articles in peer reviewed journals in the discipline.
5. Experience advising university's students in creative or research projects, thesis, dissertation and internship.
6. Show disposition to carry out the tasks and responsibilities inherent to the position.
7. Show evidence of participation in relevant community projects and in the academic and professional spheres.
8. Successful experience in external funding proposal writing.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include research, teaching courses at the graduate level, academic advising to graduate students, supervision of theses, projects and dissertations, among others. Applicants should have well defined interest areas in research and teaching.
Required documents: Letter of intent, curriculum vitae, official transcripts of all academic records, sample of publications in research area, and two letters of references.
Candidates must fulfill all requirements, must be available for an interview with the unit's Personnel Committee, and deliver a public presentation to the faculty about their research interests. Applications will be considered until the position is open. All documents should be submitted no later than October 31, 2011. Send the documents to the following address:
Personnel Committee / Department of Graduate Studies Faculty of Education / PO Box 23304 San Juan, Puerto Rico 00931-3304
Equal opportunity employer