As the Pardee RAND Graduate School trains graduates who will develop public policy in this country and around the world, we are committed to help ensure that a diversity of voices and perspectives are an integral part of the policymaking process. Part of that commitment is drawing that diversity into public policy education to create the next generation of leaders with a range of voices and perspectives.
Professional Development in Policy Analysis
Through the Next Generation Initiative’s Faculty Leaders Program, the Pardee RAND Graduate School seeks to build diversity in public policy through strong engagement of faculty leaders across the United States, and in particular at colleges and universities serving students underrepresented in public policy.
Faculty Leader Fellowships are awarded to 12–15 selected faculty to participate in a week-long policy analysis summer program held at the Pardee RAND Graduate School at RAND’s headquarters in Santa Monica, California.
The workshop is designed to have a number of facets:
- a “short course” in the methods of policy analysis modeled after the curriculum of our doctoral program
- an opportunity for each participant to apply these tools to a policy issue of their choice throughout the week with mentorship and input from RAND policy researchers in areas of common interest
- an introduction to the Pardee RAND Graduate School, its faculty and advanced doctoral fellows in policy analysis
- a forum in which to network with each other and past participants in the program
The intent is for participating faculty to return to their home institutions armed with new tools to effect change in their communities and to inspire their students to consider careers and advanced study in public policy analysis.
The next run of the program will occur July 16–20, 2018.
How to Apply
Admission is competitive; applicants will be vetted based on their interest in learning more about incorporating the concepts of policy analysis into their teaching and research, as shown through the following components:
- Online Application
- One letter of recommendation, preferably from a Dean or department chair
- Two essays
- Supplemental forms may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Pardee RAND Graduate School
Faculty Leaders Program
1776 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA 90407-2138
To begin, please visit the application page.
The deadline for submission of all materials is Monday, March 5, 2018. Application decisions will be announced in early April.