JOB OPENING FOR LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
As stipulated in the Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences Non-Faculty Manual, we hereby invite applications for one NIH NCI-funded full-time job as a Research Laboratory Technician in the laboratory of Dr. Pedro Santiago, in the Biochemistry Department at Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences. The selected applicant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Routine laboratory management, including the evaluation and maintenance of laboratory stocks and supplies.
- Ordering of supplies and management of laboratory records and laboratory documents.
- Cell culture maintenance including the handling and culturing of several human and mouse cell lines.
- Conducting experiments using cell and molecular biology tools including molecular cloning, cell and tissue culture, protein expression and purification, Western blots, ELISA assays, qRT-PCR, RNAi, etc.
- Conducting experiments in coordination with graduate students, and teaching, training and assisting undergraduate students and other members of the laboratory under the direction of the principal investigator.
Candidates must meet the following requirements: Bachelors degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or a closely related field from a fully accredited institution; computer literacy and proficiency in applications such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point; fully bilingual (Spanish and English), highly organized and motivated, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, people- and team work-oriented; previous cellular and molecular biology laboratory experience in a research setting is mandatory.
The position is immediately available and the salary, which will depend on the qualifications of the successful candidate, can be guaranteed for up to three years depending on his/her satisfactory performance. Qualified candidates must submit a letter of interest describing their competencies for this position, and a curriculum vitae including contact information for at least three (3) references. Applications must be sent via e-mail to Dr. Pedro Santiago (firstname.lastname@example.org), Biochemistry Department, Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences. For more information, please call Dr. Pedro Santiago at 787-840-2575, ext. 2208.