The NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Educator Award publicly celebrates high school educators who encourage girls’ interest and participation in technology pursuits. Educator Award recipients form a national community of peers, share practices, and empower other educators to encourage the participation of girls in computing.
Applications for the 2016 Aspirations in Computing Educator Award are open from September 1 to November 9, 2015 (8:00 p.m. EDT).
All teachers, counselors, administrators, mentors, and other educators who encourage girls’ interest and participation in technology pursuits are welcome to apply.
Each Educator Award recipient receives:
- $250 cash award
- recognition at a local Aspirations Award event and increased visibility in his or her school district and community
- up to $750 for participation in computing-related professional development activities
- an engraved award for both the educator and his or her school
To apply, educators must complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the online application form. Click here.
- Prior to November 9, 2015, educators must also endorse a high school woman for the Award for Aspirations in Computing. To complete an endorsement, please see thisStep-by-Step Guide.
For frequently asked questions about applying and endorsements, please visit our FAQ page.
To become a reviewer for the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Educator Award applications,click here.
Note: Applicants may re-apply each year.