Dear colleagues and friends,
We are hiring a new Research & Outreach Coordinator at PRISM. This is a College HEO Assistant line which will be reporting to me and Dr. Anthony Carpi. The main responsibilities (among others) are:
- Outreach to students and the administration at Community Colleges with which we have articulation agreements in science
- Coordinate activities and events for our Junior Scholars Program, a STEM academic support + prof. development program for STEM students
- Provide professional development support (one-on-one and group settings) to students in our Undergraduate Research Program
- Provide administrative support to PRISM and to the S-STEM Scholarship
- Represent PRISM in various college committees
We are looking for someone with great interpersonal and organizational skills and a strong science background that wants to work directly with students in the higher education side of academia. If you know of someone that might be interested, I am happy to discuss the position with them.
The Job description and application instructions can be found here, under Job ID 17080, and will close on August 12: https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu/psp/cnyepprd/GUEST/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=17080&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
Edgardo Sanabria-Valentín, Ph.D.
Associate Program Director - Program for Research Initiatives in Science and Math (PRISM),
Pre-Health Careers Advisor Lead &
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Biology