iBiology is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Research Talks to continue developing our efforts in communication and outreach.
iBiology (http://www.ibiology.org) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the free, worldwide dissemination of scientific knowledge in the life sciences, mainly in the form of video. iBiology’s collection of free online videos and courses by leading biologists are used by students and researchers around the world. iBiology has produced over 400 videos, has 4 million video views per year from 180 countries and 75,000 subscribers and 30,000 social media followers. iBiology is a small independent non-profit organization located at the University of California, San Francisco and funded primarily by the NSF and NIH.
Responsibilities will include:
- In collaboration with other iBiology team members, managing the iBiology video pipeline including identifying speakers and topics, working with speakers on their presentations and slides, writing material to accompany the talks, and working with the videographer on post-production slide editing.
- Creating educational materials for the videos including flipped courses.
- Leading the Young Scientist Series competition (https://bit.ly/2kg0m65), including soliciting and evaluating applications and organizing the workshop.
- Leading the development of strategies to best disseminate iBiology talks for academic and non-academic audiences worldwide.
- Writing about iBiology for blogs, newsletters, and maintaining a social media presence.