Applications for the Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) Program are now open for the 2022 Summer Term. Applications are due January 12, 2022 at 5:00 PM ET.
Are you an undergraduate student or recent graduate pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, or math?
Do you want to develop and hone your research skills at a national laboratory while learning from some of our nation’s best scientists and engineers?
Then the Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) program is for you. As a SULI participant, you’ll gain valuable hands-on research experience and build your professional network while collaborating on an exciting project under the guidance of a mentor. You will also have opportunities to present your research to your mentors and peers, join in social activities, and engage in a variety of professional development activities to enhance your career skills. The SULI program is sponsored and managed by the Department of Energy (DOE) / Office of Science’s Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) program in collaboration with 17 DOE national laboratories and facilities across the U.S.
• $650/week stipend
• Housing accommodations or housing allowance
• Round-trip travel reimbursement
• Must be a full-time undergraduate student or recent graduate of an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program at an accredited institution
• Must have completed at least one semester as a matriculated undergraduate at the time of application
• Must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Must be at least 18 years old at the start of the internship
• Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident at the time of application
• Must possess medical insurance during the internship
• Students may participate in SULI twice and apply a maximum of four times