U.S. Department of Energy Seeking Applicants for the Community College Internships (CCI) Program
Enviado por Wilson Javier Gonzalez-Espada el
Applications for the Community College Internships (CCI) Program are now open for the 2023 Fall Term. Applications are due May 25, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. EDT.
Apply at https://science.osti.gov/wdts/cci/How-to-Apply
Are you a community college student pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, or math?
Do you want to develop and hone your technical skills at a national laboratory while learning from some of our nation’s best scientists, engineers, and technicians?
Then the Community College Internships (CCI) program is for you. As a CCI participant, you’ll gain valuable hands-on experience in a technical project and build your professional network under the guidance of a mentor. You will also have opportunities to present your work to your mentors and peers, join in social activities, and engage in a variety of professional development activities to enhance your career skills.
Learn more about CCI and get your questions answered by program managers and lab representatives! Prospective applicants and faculty are invited to attend two application assistance to learn about the CCI Program. The first workshop will introduce the program and application process and the second workshop will highlight the research opportunities and internship experience at the DOE National Labs. Attendance at the first workshop is NOT required to attend the second workshop. The dates and times for the workshops are:
- Workshop 1: March 29, 2023 from 2:00 – 3:00 pm EDT (register here)
- Workshop 2: April 24, 2023 from 3:00 – 4:00 pm EDT (register here)
The CCI program is sponsored and managed by the Department of Energy (DOE) / Office of Science’s Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) program in collaboration with 16 DOE national laboratories and facilities across the U.S.
- $650/week stipend
- Housing accommodations or housing allowance
- Round-trip travel reimbursement
- Ames, Iowa
- Berkeley, CA
- Golden, CO
- Lemont, Illinois
- Los Alamos, NM
- Newport News, VA
- Oak Ridge, TN
- Princeton, NJ
- Richland, WA
- San Diego, CA
- Upton, NY
For more information about CCI, visit https://science.osti.gov/wdts/cci.
- Must be a full-time community college student at an accredited institution
- Must have completed at least one semester; at least 6 credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology courses; and at least 12 credit hours towards a degree at the time of application
- Must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be at least 18 years old at the start of the internship
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident at the time of application
- Must possess medical insurance during the internship
- Students may participate in CCI twice and apply a maximum of three times