51st CFCS Annual Meeting in Suriname
Call for abstracts. Due date, March 31, 2015. Submit enclosed form email@example.com. See guidelines below.
Theme: "Food Safety, Innovation and Quality in Green Agriculture; The Way Forward to Food Security for the Caribbean"
Venue: Hotel Torarica, Royal Ballroom and Banquet Hall, Paramaribo, Suriname, South America
Registration fees US$: CFCS Member - $330; Non-member - $375; Awards Dinner - $55; Field Trip - $35
Members of the Local Organizing Committee for the 51st Annual CFCS Meeting:
Prof. Henry Ori, Member of the AdeKUS Board of Directors and President of the CFCS for 2014 - 2015
Hon. Suresh Algoe, Minister of Agiculture of Suriname and Joint President of the CFCS for 2014 - 2015
- Dr. Lydia Ori, Director of the Agricultural Production Department of AdeKUS and Chairwoman of the Local Organizing Committee (LOC).
- M.Sc. Ranoe Mangal-Jhari, Program Manager, Program Support Unit, VLIR-AdeKUS and Vice-Chairwoman of the LOC.
- Mr. Didi Kasanmoesdiran, Ministry of Agriculture and member of LOC
- Dr. Abimbola Abiola, Representative of the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture in Suriname and member of LOC
- Dr. Inez Demon, Director of the Center for Agricultural Research (CELOS - Agricultural Experiment Station, AdeKUS) and member of LOC.
- Ir. Winston Ramataursing, Development Economist, PROPLAN and member of LOC
- Prof. Robert Tjien Fooh, AdeKUS
Keynote address, technical sessions, poster and oral presentations, student competition, cultural activities, Awards Dinner, Farmers and Fisherfolks Forum, field trips, spouses program, and lots more.
Keynote Speaker: The way forward to food security in the Caribbean, Dr. John Ronald Dipchandra (Deep) Ford, FAO Subregional Office for the Caribbean, Barbados
Sub keynote speaker: Food related biotechnologies, crop production through technology innovations, uses and application of biotechnologies in agriculture production, Flemish – VLIRUOS
Sub keynote speaker: Green revolution in present context, sustainable agriculture, small family farming, contributions and innovations, Professor Clement Sankat, Pro Vice-chancellor and Principal of the St Augustine Campus of the University of the West Indies (UWI), Trinidad and Tobago
Sub keynote speaker: Caribbean biosecurity capacity-building to protect the environment and promote sustainable agriculture production, Dr. Jose Carlos Rodrigues, Director of the Center for Excellence in Quarantine and Invasive Species, University of Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
Sub keynote speaker: Soil health, organic matter, nutrient management, long term food security Wageningen University – CTA / VLIRUOS
Sub keynote speaker: Microbial innovations and their impact on food security, Dr. Abdullah Ansari, University of Guyana, Guyana
Sub keynote speaker : Invasive pests: a challenge in plant security: Dr. Maria J. Navajas, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), Centre de Biologie et Gestion des Populations, France
Sub keynote speaker: Green agriculture, green economics, green chemistry, green energy, blue and green frames, agro-ecotourism, Dr. M. Prom, Honorable Ambassador of France in Suriname, Suriname
Sub keynote speaker: Food safety issues in the Caribbean, ecosystem services, solutions and evaluations, Dr. R. Ahern, IICA, Canada