More information: https://medicine.yale.edu/neuroscience/seminars/synapses.aspx
SYNAPSES (Seminars at Yale Neuroscience: Advanced PoStdoc Extramural Series) brings to Yale postdocs from around the world to share their latest work. Plans will be to hold Virtual Seminars in the Fall of 2021, with in-person visits beginning in January 2022. During their visit to Yale, selected speakers will present their research to the Yale Neuroscience Community, talk with faculty members in one-on-one meetings, and interact with Yale postdocs.
The Yale Neuroscience Department encompasses a broad spectrum of interests. This includes molecular, cellular, synaptic, systems, behavioral, cognitive, and computational approaches to understanding the nervous system. Thus, we encourage applications from highly-talented postdocs from any area of neuroscience. We are interested in showcasing a diverse group of scientists and our Departmentrealizes that the full potential of neuroscience research lies in the creative power that diverse perspectives bring to the field. Women and underrepresented minority postdocs are strongly encouraged to apply. International postdocs are also welcome to apply.
The Kavli Institute will cover the costs of travel and accommodation (for in-person visits) and will pay a small honorarium to all selected speakers (if eligible).
DEADLINE: Applications for the 2021-2022 SYNAPSES seminars will be accepted until 11:59pm on September 7, 2021 at apply.interfolio.com/90049.
Speakers are selected by the SYNAPSES selection committee, which currently consists of:
- Nathan Buerkle, Ph.D., postdoc in the lab of James Jeanne
- Dibyadeep Datta, Ph.D., postdoc in the lab of Amy Arnsten
- Andrew Moberly, Ph.D. postdoc in the labs of Michael Higley and Jessica Cardin
- Suvimal Sindhu, Ph.D., postdoc in the lab of Nenad Sestan
- Berrak Ugur, Ph.D., postdoc in the lab of Pietro De Camilli
- Na Wang, Ph.D., postdoc in the lab of Sreeganga Chandra
- Sreeganga Chandra, Ph.D. , faculty advisor
- James Jeanne, Ph.D. , faculty advisor
Questions about the application should be directed to Katherine Bownes at email@example.com.