Hey there -- Hope this email finds you well. I wanted to share an opportunity with you to get more involved around issues of justice, climate, and clean energy in your campus or community.
The Climate Justice League -- a ten-week Spring fellowship program organized by the Sierra Student Coalition -- is looking for high school and college students who are interested in learning more about climate justice and engaging with fellow activists in their communities. The league is a way to meet new people, get hands-on organizer coaching, and take action on issues that matter most to you.
As an Organizing Fellow with the Climate Justice League, you will learn more about:
- Climate change and environmental pollution, both the science and impacts on our communities.
- What it means to be an organizer in your community-- taking action with friends and family to change your school, campus, or city.
- How to stay hopeful when so much feels stacked against us.
You will also experience:
- Being in community with other people who care about climate justice.
- Getting coaching support on how to effectively take action with friends in your community.
- The joy of organizing with friends around issues you care about.
By the end of the 10-week program, you will have:
- Practiced organizing with friends at your high school or college campus.
- Taken action on climate and environmental justice in your community.
- Cultivated relationships with other Organizing Fellows across the United States and in Puerto Rico.
- Earned a Certificate of Completion (Great thing to put on your resume!)
- AND the opportunity to fly free to a summer in-person campaign training to further your skills
Are you interested in leading the climate resistance in your community? Check out the Climate Justice League webpage for more information about the program (http://bit.ly/climatejusticeleague) and join us for the Info Webinar Session. Details below.
Climate Justice League Info Session
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8pm - 9pm Eastern
Apply to be an Organizing Fellow with the Sierra Student Coalition’s (SSC) Climate Justice League. Applications for the fellowship will be accepted until January 12th, so don’t miss out - Apply today!