Please see below for a job opportunity at a respected nonprofit in Puerto Rico
The Center for a New Economy- San Juan, Puerto Rico
The Center for a New Economy (CNE) is seeking a full-time Healthcare Policy Associate.
CNE is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit think tank that advocates for the development of a new economy for Puerto Rico. Through its rigorous public policy research and analysis, it has become the most credible and influential voice on Puerto Rico’s economy. Through our Washington, D.C. office, we have been working with numerous partners to shape federal healthcare policy debates, including expanding Medicaid funding for Puerto Rico. At this critical juncture, we seek to expand our research and analysis capabilities in areas related to health policy.
The Healthcare Policy Analyst will report to CNE’s Research and Policy unit. The analyst will conduct original research and help design and implement CNE’s health policy advocacy strategy, which promotes critical changes and solutions to Puerto Rico’s public health infrastructure.
We are seeking strong research professionals that can address issues related to: health care reform, public health hazards, environmental health, and assessment of risk factors. We’re looking for a knowledgeable researcher and analyst that can advance CNE’s mission by working collaboratively with our staff.
- Work closely with CNE leadership and program staff
- Define CNE’s research agenda for healthcare policy
- Collaborate with other staff members in conducting original research, writing policy and issues briefs on Puerto Rico’s health care needs.
- Analyze existing conditions, policies, and programs, at the Commonwealth and Federal levels, related to the island’s health infrastructure
- Develop research approaches, data collection instruments and select appropriate statistical techniques
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Possess a combination of quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, and policy research experience generally associated with a PhD degree. Masters-level candidates with professional experience and demonstrated skills are also encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to compose and edit effective, thoughtful and strategic communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Self-starter with demonstrated good judgment, critical thinking, flexibility, resourcefulness, and problem-solving abilities
- Detail-oriented and possess the ability to follow projects through to completion under tight deadlines
- Ability to consider multiple perspectives, synthesize information and develop solutions and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to analyze feedback in order to inform content development.
- Adapts to feedback and focuses on continuous improvement
- Demonstrates respect and kindness when working with teams/colleagues under high-stress, deadline driven environments
- Demonstrates experience using STATA or RStudio to manipulate data
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Work experience in public policy, public health, law or advocacy
- Basic knowledge of Commonwealth and federal healthcare public policy issues
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Proficient in STATA, RStudio or other statistical programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of data sets to analyze health policy issues
- Ability to travel several times a year
IMPORTANT NOTE: This exempt position may require a relocation to San Juan, Puerto Rico after the first year.
For more information, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org