Department of Defense (DOD) Historically Black Colleges & Universities and Minority-Serving Institutions (HBCU/MI) Summer Research Program.
Do you want to work with the top scientists and engineers in the nation? Do you want to perform research with the largest national employer of scientists and engineers? The Department of Defense HBCU/MI* Summer Research Program will allow you to do just that! Visit https://dodstem.us/media/labtv to discover why the Department of Defense (DoD) offers a great summer research experience
Program at a glance:
The Department of Defense (DOD) Historically Black Colleges & Universities and Minority-Serving Institutions (HBCU/MI) Summer Research Program is supported by the Department of Defense’s Office of the Under the Secretary for Defense for Research and Engineering/Research, Technology & Laboratories (OUSD(R&E)/RT&L). Administered by TMT Group Inc.
The program provides a bridge between the classroom and real-world experiences and aims to increase the number of minority scientists and engineers throughout the DOD.
The initiative encourages students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics disciplines, guides them toward advanced studies, and prepares them for careers in science and engineering fields important to the defense mission. Motivated students, both undergraduate and graduate, are placed for a 10 week research experience at DOD facilities across the nation.
• Ten (10) weeks (June 1-August 7, 2020) engaged in a research project under the direction of DoD scientists or engineers
• Career Development workshops and lab tours
• Bi-weekly stipend (amount of stipend is based on level of education)
• Travel, Housing, and Transportation will be covered
To be eligible, applicants must:
• Be currently enrolled full-time or a recent graduate (within 6 months of degree) of an HBCU/MI*
• Be a U.S. citizen (Dual Citizenship will NOT be accepted)
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
• Enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or DoD-relevant technical discipline
The program will take place at one of the many DoD facilities throughout the United States. Research assistants will work a 40-hour work week during the 10-week program.
Application Deadline: Sunday, December 15, 2019 11:59 PST
Apply Online Now at: www.tmtgroupinc.com/summerprograms
For questions or additional information E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Historically Black College or University or Minority-serving Institution
The Department of Defense HBCU/MI Summer Research Program is supported by the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) and administered by Technology Management Training Group, Inc.