The DORA Community Manager position is an opportunity for a Ph.D. or Master level fellow to gain experience in scholarly publishing and policy in Washington, DC. The DORA Community Manager will be headquartered at the American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB), which is located in Bethesda, MD. This position will report to the Director of Public Policy and is a 24 month assignment.
Documenting best practices in Research Assessment
- Research and document examples of best practice of research assessment for different situations from a range of organizations, in particular DORA signatories
Website and outreach
- Regularly blog, post to social media and send newsletters to signatories about issues related to DORA and progress on documenting best practices in order to keep awareness of this issue high.
- Work with relevant staff to maintain DORA website and ensure that it is a regularly updated source of valuable information.
Management of DORA signatories and data
- Assure the quality of the current data on institutional signers of DORA and recruit additional institutions, for example to improve the international coverage.
- Work with the Steering Committee to target and recruit new institutional subscribers.
Committee Management and Strategic Partnerships
- Develop strategic partnerships with groups who are working in highly related areas and can help to amplify the DORA message or assist in its activities.
- Provide monthly updates to the Core Steering Committee.
- Support the activity of the Core Steering Committee including creation of agendas for quarterly meetings.
- Liaise with individual members of the Core Steering Committee as necessary and with staff who are involved DORA nodes in other parts of the world.
- Technical Capability in communications, data management, and analytics
- Strategic Thinking
- Communication Proficiency
- Project Management
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving ability
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s or Ph.D. in the sciences preferred
- Knowledge of scholarly publishing, assessment of research
- Strong written and verbal communication including the use of social media
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION:
Please e-mail your resume and one page cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org