The Institute for Health Promotion Research (IHPR) at The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio conducts Éxito! Latino Cancer Research Leadership Training to increase diversity in Latino health disparities and cancer research by encouraging Latino/Hispanic master’s-level students and master’s trained health professionals to pursue a doctoral degree and a career in research.
Éxito! enhances participants' understanding of the power of research to affect change; awareness of research methods, theory and interventions; interest in cancer control; and research, networking, and motivation and ability to successfully apply to a doctoral program.
Find out more about Éxito!:
- Summer Institute: 5-day event to see if a doctoral program is right, and offers tools needed to apply.
- Paid Internships: Participants can apply for paid internships.
HOW TO APPLY
Read our FAQ if you have application questions.
Timeline for Éxito! 2013:
- March 1, 2013: Application Deadline
- March 1-30, 2013: Éxito! Class of 2013 Selection
- April 2-6, 2013: Éxito! Summer Institute Attendees and Interns Notified of Selection
- June 3-7, 2013: Éxito! Summer Institute: “Careers in Latino Cancer Control Research”
- June 2013: Éxito! Internships Begin
For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.