One full-time job opening is available for a Research
Laboratory Technician in the Endometriosis Research Program at
Ponce School of Medicine, in Ponce, Puerto Rico. The selected applicant will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Routine laboratory management, including the
general upkeep and maintenance of laboratory stocks,
supplies, and equipment.
• Ordering of supplies and management of laboratory
records, quotes, requisitions and laboratory regulatory documents.
• Cell culture maintenance including the handling and
culturing of several human cell lines.
• Conducting experiments using cell and molecular
biology techniques including molecular cloning, transfections, cell
and tissue culture, protein expression and purification,
Western blots, ELISA assays, and qRT-PCR.
• Maintenance of a biobank of biological specimens.
• Conducting experiments in Reproductive Biology
with graduate students and teaching and assisting
students and other members of the laboratory under the
direction of the principal investigator.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular
biology, or a closely related field from a fully
• Computer literacy and proficiency in applications
such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English).
• Knowledgeable in HIPAA and Human Subject Research regulations
• Highly organized, with excellent communication
and interpersonal skills, people and team
• Molecular Biology laboratory experience is highly
desired - DNA/RNA techniques, qPCR, Western blot, tissue culture
• Salary will depend on qualifications.
• Interested candidates must submit a letter of
interest, curriculum vitae and contact information for
two (2) references to Dr. Idhaliz Flores (email@example.com
), Microbiology Department, Ponce School of Medicine.