One full-time job opening is available for a Research Laboratory Technician in the Biochemistry Department at Ponce School of Medicine. The selected applicant will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Routine laboratory management, including the evaluation and maintenance of laboratory stocks and supplies.
• Ordering of supplies and management of laboratory records and laboratory documents.
• Cell culture maintenance including the handling and culturing of several human and mouse cell lines.
• Conducting experiments using cell and molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning, cell and tissue cultur, protein expression and purification, Western blots, ELISA assays, qRT-PCR, etc.
• Conducting experiments in Molecular Cancer Biology with graduate students and teaching and assisting students and other members of the laboratory under the direction of the principal investigator.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Bachelors degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a closely related field from a fully accredited institution.
• Computer literacy and proficiency in applications such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English).
• Highly organized, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, people and team work-oriented.
• Molecular Biology laboratory experience is highly desired.
• Salary will depend on qualifications.
• Interested candidates must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and contact information for three (3) references by Friday October 30, 2009, to Dr. Pedro Santiago (firstname.lastname@example.org
), Biochemistry Department, Ponce School of Medicine.