For the third consecutive year, the NPRDP will award 100 scholarships valued at $2,000 each, for a total $200,000, to exceptional students of Puerto Rican descent that are making a difference in their communities. Applicants must be high school seniors or full-time college/university students in their freshman through junior years in college.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be of Puerto Rican descent;
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better, or equivalent high school grade;
- Be a high school senior or freshman through junior in college, ages of 17 through 25;
- Be enrolled in an accredited two or four-year college/university, for college students;
- Have a track record of doing volunteer work or community service;
- Participate in an interview with a member(s) of the scholarship selection committee.
Scholarship winners from prior years are eligible to re-apply, given that they comply with all other eligibility criteria. Candidates must electronically submit completed application and academic transcripts by Friday, February 22, 2019. Materials received after this date will result in disqualification.
Transcripts should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
National Puerto Rican Day Parade
P.O Box 975, New York, NY 10272 by Friday, February 22, 2019.