Favor ver abajo un anuncio de trabajo que podría ser de relevancia para muchos de nuestros miembros que tienen experiencia administrando o manejando programas académicos enfocados en proveer servicios a estudiantes, sobretodo aquelos con trasfondos Latinos.
Para más detalles sobre la búsqueda y cualidades ideales para esta posición favor ver este artículo: http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2015/03/30/la-casa-dean-search-seeks-input-from-students/
Assistant Dean, Program - 29460BR
Director, La Casa Cultural, Latino Cultural Center and Assistant Dean, Yale College
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: The Director provides strategic direction for the work of La Casa Cultural Center, supervises its daily operation, and provides support for undergraduate and graduate students. Serves on committees and leads various student and academic programs.
Anticipated start date: We anticipate July 1, 2015 or thereafter. Review of applications to begin March 23, 2015. Three-year, renewable term appointment.
Required Education and Experience: Master's degree in a related discipline and one year of experience in academic administration or management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manage and oversee the Cultural Center in all its aspects.
- Oversee and participate in student and academic programs, including serving on committees, chairing committees, running special projects and working for the welfare of all Yale students. Advise and support student organizations.
- Work collaboratively with administrators, students, faculty, staff, alumni and members of the community to define the appropriate identity for the Center, to plan for its support and nurture; to develop services, organize activities, and sponsor events; and to provide academic and personal advising, counseling, and guidance to students.
- Work with the undergraduate admissions, and freshman affairs in admitting and aiding integration of students into the larger community.
- Actively work with an advisory board to advise and provide support for the Center and its goals. Develop and implement a long-term strategic plan for the Center.
- Oversee the physical facilities of the Center. Hire, train and supervise a graduate student director and student workers. Manage the budget for the Center and assist in seeking additional sources of support.
- Work cooperatively with directors of cultural centers, director of graduate student life, office of graduate multicultural affairs and other organizations to foster intergroup dialogue and enhance intercultural interactions.
- Work with the local community on events and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a related field and at least 4 years of experience in academic administration or management. Proven experience in working with students, faculty, academic administrators, alumni and community groups. Knowledgeable about issues in the relevant communities and a commitment to translating these into a local academic context.
- PhD in related field.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.yale.edu/jobs - the STARS req ID for this position is 29460BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position. Please submit your CV/résumé and a letter of interest.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.