Gilliam Fellowships for Advanced Study
For students who have participated in the Exceptional Research Opportunities Program (EXROP) of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, HHMI offers an extraordinary opportunity to pursue graduate studies in the life sciences.
The Gilliam Fellowships for Advanced Study provide full support for up to four years of study toward a Ph.D. for outstanding students who are from groups underrepresented in the sciences or from disadvantaged backgrounds. Gilliam fellows attend the university of their choice and work alongside distinguished scientists. Chosen for their academic excellence and scientific potential, they will become the leaders of a new generation of biomedical researchers.
The fellowships honor the legacy of the late James H. Gilliam Jr., a Trustee of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute who devoted his life to fostering excellence and diversity in education and science.
Tipo: Becas postdoctorales
Lugar de disfrute: América - ESTADOS UNIDOS
- Up to 4 years
- 2013-2014 fellowship year: $46,500
Fuente y Fecha de convocatoria: Howard Hughes Medical Institute - 14/09/2012
- Past participants in the HHMI Exceptional Research Opportunities Program (EXROP) must be graduating seniors or must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a Ph.D. program in the biomedical or related sciences. In addition, applicants must not have completed more than one year in a Ph.D. program by the application date.
- Former EXROP students pursuing an M.D./Ph.D. degree may apply, but fellowship supports only Ph.D. portion of the studies.
- No citizenship requirement.
Plazo: 23 de octubre de 2012
Impreso de solicitud: Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2013 program information.
- 2012 Gilliam Application Sample.
- Gilliam Application Tips.
Competition opens and application available: Tuesday, July 24, 2012
GRE/MCAT tests must be taken by: Saturday, September 22, 2012
Application deadline: Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Awards notification: December 2012
Fellowship begins: September 2013