COVID-19 Data Analyst
5 days agoRequisition ID: 2214
APPLYTO COVID-19 DATA ANALYST
Under general supervision, plans, develops, and conducts epidemiologic investigations, surveillance, and interventions limited in scope and/or complexity to determine the causes of diseases and implement methods of disease control. Collects, analyzes, and interprets statistical data and prepares epidemiologic reports. This position works to promote and protect the health and safety of the residents of Puerto Rico. Position is based in San Juan and on-site at the client's premises.
- Four to six years of experience.
- Able to fully communicate in Spanish – reading, writing, speaking
- Experience in querying, databases and using statistical computer languages: Python, R, Stata and/or SAS
- Experience working with data rich problems through research or programs
- Strong verbal communication and visualization skills (Power Bi, Python and/or Tableau proficiency).
- Experience dealing with numerical data and working with statistical software
- Cultural competency
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to be efficient and consistently deliver high-quality work under time constraints.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, data science, or statistics.
- Organizes and interprets data to inform decision makers
- Works with advanced hardware, software, and techniques to develop computational algorithms and statistical methods that find patterns and relationships in large volumes of data
- Identifies problem areas and make recommendations to update data infrastructure and policies to improve each step of the data lifecycle
- Implements new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Works with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive solutions
- Develops processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Designs and produces complex data analysis and timely data reports to inform decision makers
- Collaborate closely with Office of Insular Affairs field staff in the coordination of above activities
- Experience extracting data from multiple systems to synthesize meaningful reports and analysis.
- Commitment to ensuring data quality and accuracy and attention to detail.
- Other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
About the CDC Foundation
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations, and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the go-to nonprofit authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has raised over $1 billion and launched more than 1,000 programs impacting a variety of health threats from chronic disease conditions including cardiovascular disease and cancer, to infectious diseases like rotavirus and HIV, to emergency responses, including COVID-19 and Ebola. The CDC Foundation managed hundreds of CDC-led programs in the United States and in more than 140 countries last year. Learn more at www.cdcfoundation.org.