The 2016 ASBMB Interactive Mentoring Activities for Grantsmanship Enhancement (IMAGE) Workshop is being held July 14 – 16 in Washington, D.C. This NSF-funded workshop is open to assistant professors and postdoctoral scientists that are preparing to transition into an independent faculty position.
Key features include:
- Real time, constructive feedback on potential research proposals
- A mock review panel to provide insight into the grant review process
- Presentations on best practices for crafting a logical research plan and a creative broader impact statement
- Practical advice on work-life balance, navigating academia and positioning your research program for sustained success
- Networking with mentors, program directors and previous participants
- Opportunities for individualized post-workshop mentoring by established scientists