iBiology is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Research Talks who will be involved in overseeing the production of science videos and engaging in communication/outreach with the scientific and educational communities. iBiology.org is a collection of free online videos by leading biologists, which target students and researchers around the world. iBiology is located at the University of California, San Francisco and funded by the NSF and NIH. This project is supported by the American Society for Cell Biology.
The Associate Director’s responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the iBiology team on video production pipelines, including identifying seminar topics, working with speakers, editing slides, overseeing video editing, and writing associated web content and educational materials to accompany talks.
- Developing, organizing, and executing current and new initiatives that support the mission of iBiology
- Developing and executing strategies to disseminate iBiology talks for academic and non- academic audiences worldwide
- Writing about iBiology in newsletters and blogs, and providing content to the iBiology social media team
- Assisting the iBiology Outreach Manager in creating and maintaining a network of iBiology volunteers
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in the biological sciences
- At least one year of experience (or equivalent) with science communication projects and/or program management
- Experience and/or demonstrated passion in science education
- Superb presentation and written communication skills; ability to be creative and engaging in various forms of communication
- Well organized, detailed oriented and able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- An enthusiastic and positive team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to work well on a small team
- Proven relationship-building skills with people from various backgrounds and cultural landscapes
Job location: San Francisco, California
Grant-funded staff position with American Society for Cell Biology, including salary and benefits commensurate with experience. This position will be through August 31st 2016, with subsequent employment dependent on the renewal of our grant funding. EOE.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.