NEW YORK LEAGUE OF PUERTO RICAN WOMEN, INC. SCHOLARSHIPS
These financial awards are granted annually to undergraduate Puerto Rican/Hispanic women selected for their academic excellence and service to the community.
To be eligible, applicants must email, by the deadline date of Monday, May 31, 2019, a completed Scholarship Application form to our email address listed above, Eunice_nylprw@yahoo.com, and to Rozmed@aol.com. Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be currently matriculated as an undergraduate student in an accreditedinstitution of higher education, having earned a minimum of 12 accumulated credits.
- Must have maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0 with no failing grades.
- Must demonstrate service to the community.
- Must provide an official college transcript by the deadline date of June 14, 2019.
- Must provide two (2) letters of recommendation from a professor, college advisor, employer or supervisor.
- Must email a 4" by 6" (minimum size) color photo of the applicant in appropriate professional attire, with a neutral background, for inclusion in our Commemorative Journal. to Eunice_nylprw@yahoo.com and to Rozmed@aol.com.
- Must be available to attend an interview with our Scholarship Committee.
The Scholarship Committee will review only those applications that comply with all of the above seven (7) requirements. The essays of the selected applicants should be written meticulously, and include the applicant’s community service, educational and career goals.
Applications can be requested via phone or email. Thank you for your assistance in publicizing this information to as many eligible students as possible, and feel free to make as many copies of the application form as you deem necessary. For questions, call Rosalind Reyes-Medina, Chief Financial Officer, NYLPRW, Inc. at 917-432-4043; Rozmed@aol.com.